Astrid Dahl is primarily a contemporary landscape artist but at times straddles the surreal or abstract genres.
Her work delves into our connections of texture, heart-felt longings and emotive themes to the land. Therefore, her work is hard to place as she treats each painting as a unique piece….. a unique experience.
She uses colours of the earth together with sensual textures, to map the layering of the earth, in both ancient depths and modern growth.
Her work is filled with poetry, myth, and perspective dualities. She explores the conceptual thought of ‘man’s’ yearning to be connected to nature and pays homage to it's beauty, diversity and abundance.
She analyses the many moods and complex spiritual nuances of both land and sea, from the dry desert country of Australia, to the lush steamy forests and sea shores of the tropics.
She has had many corporate commissions and awards which recently, includes being accepted in the prestigious Australian John Leslie Art award for Landscape ’08.
Astrid’s work is represented all over Australia. She has had numerous exhibitions and is part of many private and corporate art collections, world-wide, including Spain, New Guinea, New York, Los Angeles, Canada, Nevada (USA), Hong Kong, London and Singapore.
2009 Jahroc Gallery - Margaret River WA (LANDSCAPES)
2008 Gadfly Gallery- WA ( Lanscapes Ploughed and wild)
2008 MLC Gallery- (Lanscapes - track and field)
2007 Singapore Art Fair
2006 Jahroc Gallery - Margaret River WA
2005 Artistry / Annex A Gallery
2005 Jahroc Gallery – Margaret River WA
2003 Gadfly Gallery – Drifting in a sea of Dreams – (Landscapes)
2002 Owen Hargreaves Tribal Art Gallery London – (Landscapes, Africa)
2002 Gadfly Gallery – A Merger not a Takeover – (Landscapes)
2001 Gadfly Gallery (Goddess Figures of the Earth – MA exhibition)
2000 Gallop Gallery, Charles Sturt University , NSW – MA exhibition
1999 Gadfly Gallery and Allendale Square Perth WA
1997 Millennium Gallery WA (Landscapes )
1997 Moores Building - Woodcuts inspired by Poetry
1996 The Gallery of Fine Art WA ( Mining )
1994 Cultural Art Center ( Denia , Spain ) Spanish works on paper
1993 A Shed - Spanish works on paper ( European focus)
1991 Goldfields Art Board Gallery WA (Landscapes)
1989 Gallery 97 Hong Kong (Landscapes)
1988 Bay Gallery of Fine Art, WA (Landscapes)
1986 Gomboc Gallery WA - Strata 2 (Focus on striations of earth and mining)
1985 Alexander Gallery WA - Strata 1 (Focus on striations of earth and mining)
- Florence Biennale 2011
- Red Sea Gallery Singapore (Australia) 2009
- Promethius art awards 2007
- Scroptomists 50 th Anniversary Exhibition 2003 WA
- Accent Gallery ‘97
- Stafford Gallery of Fine Art WA ‘92
- Printmakers Association WA ‘90 - ‘97 - ‘98
- ACTA Maritime Touring Exhibition Vic. ‘85
- Artlook Magazine - two issues - drawings 1989
- Book of Poetry “Love” with 48 art works illustrated John Joseph Jones' Poetry
- Finalist in WA Arts Industry Award 1994
- Australian Artist (feature article WA) 1996
- Artist's Chronicle (feature article WA) 1996
- Coolgardie Municipal Art Exhibition “Kaleidoscope” (two awards) 1996
- Artist's Chronicle (feature article WA) 1999
- Represented in Book ‘Contemporary Australian Woman Artists' by Max Germaine Soon to be represented in; McCulloch's Encyclopedia of Australian Art published by Aus Art Editions
- Medal of High Distinction at the Florence Biennale 2011
- Hawthorn Teachers’ College, Vic
- Rheem (Aust.) Pty. Ltd. Vic.
- Ministry of Education, WA
- Madang City Council PNG
- Parker and Parker (Law Firm) WA
- Magic Star Mercedes WA
- Philips Fox (Law Firm) WA
- Sarich Tech Trust WA
- Murdoch University , WA
- Axa Australia (M elb.)
- Travel lodge- Perth WA
- The French Bank - Perth WA
- Holyspirit Hostpital Northside QLD
- Speciality Cereals P/L
- Red Sea Gallery - Singapore
- Hurlingham and Chelsea Art School UK
- Holy Spirit Hospital Northside QLD
- Kamirice P/L – Kador Group of Companies ( 500 Collins St. Melb)
- 4 Year Dip. of Art - Royal Melb. Inst. Of Technology Vic.
- Diploma of Education – Hawthorn Teachers College Vic.
- Batchelor of Art Education – Edith Cowan University WA
- Masters of Art – Charles Sturt University NSW
Represented in other public and private collections besides Australia, the UK, Spain, America, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and New Guinea.